Locally Operated Levees [electronic resource] : Issues and Federal Programs.
- [S.l] : [s.n.], 2011.
- Government document
1 online resource (34 p., digital, PDF file)
- Construction industry.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Discusses role of levees in flood risk reduction, shared responsibilities for levees in U.S., and role of FEMA, Army Corps of Engineers (Corps), and USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service. Examines Federal assistance for levee study and construction, levee-related flood fighting and levee repair, rehabilitation, and inspection; and describes debate about whether levee investments have role in Federal flood mitigation programs. Provides side-by-side comparison of FEMA, Corps, and Natural Resources Conservation Service levee programs and authorities; reviews policy options for assisting locally operated levees; and summarizes legislative activity in the 112th Congress.
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Jan. 2013). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Government Division. Locally Operated Levees
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|