Food Safety Issues for the 112th Congress [electronic resource].
- [S.l] : [s.n.], 2011.
- Government document
1 online resource (16 p., digital, PDF file)
- Agriculture and state.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Examines food safety issues, in light of enactment of P.L. 111-353, the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, which provides comprehensive FDA regulatory authorities. Provides background on food safety incidents and existing food safety legal and regulatory landscape. Discusses issues related to oversight, implementation, and funding of P.L. 111-353; next omnibus farm bill; meat and poultry inspection; antibiotic use in animal agriculture; seafood and fisheries products; criminal penalties and enforcement; Bisphenol A; dietary supplements; agricultural biotechnology; and proposed establishment of single food agency.
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Jan. 2013). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division. Food Safety Issues for the 112th Congress
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|