The World Bank Group Energy Sector Strategy [electronic resource].
- [S.l] : [s.n.], 2011.
- Government document
1 online resource (24 p., digital, PDF file)
- Air -- Pollution.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Examines proposed World Bank Energy Sector Strategy, to support energy poverty alleviation and environmentally sustainable development by de-emphasizing coal-fired power generation, developing large-scale hydropower where appropriate, establishing greenhouse gas emissions analysis programs, increasing lending for clean energy projects, promoting energy efficiency initiatives, expanding access to modern energy services, improving household fuel and distributed energy programs, encouraging local community engagement and empowerment, and supporting innovative energy policy. Reviews current World Bank energy sector lending practices and critiques from various perspectives. Summarizes timeline and provisions of proposed Energy Sector Strategy, reactions from stakeholders, and issues for Congress.
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Jan. 2013). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division. World Bank Group Energy Sector Strategy
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|