The historic valley of Temecula : the early Indians of Temecula / by Horace Parker ; illustrated by LeVerne Parker.
- Other Title:
- Early Indians of Temecula
- Second Printing.
- Balboa Island, California : Paisano Press, ©1965.
- A Paisano Press librito ; no. 1
2 unnumbered pages, 34 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Luiseño Indians -- History.
Indians of North America -- California -- Temecula Valley -- History.
Indians of North America.
California -- Temecula Valley.
- Local subjects:
- Indians, North American -- Tribes -- Luiseño. (search)
- Southern California Indians were made of small clans rather than a tribe. Temecula Indians migrated into Southern California from the north. Their leader Nahachish lead them into the valley and when he viewed the Palomar Mountains and how fertile the valley was he called the valley "Temeku" and this is were they settled. Other tribes discussed include the Luiseno and Juaneno Indians.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2010 by Professor Robert L. Schuyler.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schuyler, Robert L., 1947- (donor) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|