On Mardi Gras day / Fatima Shaik ; paintings by Floyd Cooper.
- First edition
- New York : Dial Books for Young Readers, 1999. , ©1999
 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Carnival -- Juvenile fiction.
African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
New Orleans (La.) -- Juvenile fiction.
Louisiana -- New Orleans
- Childrens subjects:
- Mardi Gras -- Fiction.
New Orleans (La.) -- Fiction.
African Americans -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
China Hong Kong.
- Two children participating in the traditional Mardi Gras celebration see such sights as the Zulu and Rex parades, enjoying the songs, bright costumes, and gigantic floats.
- "Designed by Debora Smith"--title page verso.
"Text copyright ©1999 by Fatima Shaik"--verso of title page.
"Paintings copyright ©1999 by Floyd Cooper.
Designed by Atha Tehon.
"Printed in Hong Kong"--verso of title page.
"The pictures for this book were painted in oil on board"--verso of title page.
- Local notes:
- Tehon Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
Tehon Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy retains dust jacket.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy formerly the property of a library in Columbus Ohio.
- Penn Provenance:
- Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor)(Tehon Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cooper, Floyd, illustrator.
Dial Books for Young Readers, publisher.
Atha Tehon Thiras Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Shaik, Fatima, 1952- On Mardi Gras day.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|