An historical sketch of Los Angeles county, California. From the Spanish occupancy, by the founding of the mission San Gabriel Archangel, September 8, 1771, to July 4, 1876. Prepared by Col. J.J. Warner, Judge Benjamin Hayes [and] Dr. J.P. Widney. A reprint of the original edition published by Louis Lewin & co. ... 1876, to which is added an invaluable introduction written by Dr. J.P. Widney, the surviving member of the trio, July 4, 1936.
- Los Angeles, Cal., Reprinted by O.W. Smith, 1936.
159 pages frontispiece (3 portrait) 23 cm
- Los Angeles County (Calif.) -- History.
California -- Los Angeles County.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2010 by Professor Robert L. Schuyler.
RBC copy has inscription which reads "To dear cousin Marcella, from Winifred Widney niece of Dr. J. P. Widney."
RBC copy imperfect: frontispiece wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schuyler, Robert L., 1947- (donor) (RBC copy)
Widney, Winifred (inscription) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Hayes, Benjamin, 1815-1877.
Widney, J. P. (Joseph Pomeroy), 1841-1938.
Los Angeles (Calif.). Centennial Celebration (1876). Literary Committee.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|