The jagged orbit / by John Brunner.
- Book club edition
- New York : Ace Books, 1969.
343 pages ; 22 cm
- Science fiction, English.
- Science Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Matthew Flamen, the last of the networks' spoolpigeons, is desperate for a big story. He needs it to keep his audience, and his job. And there is no shortage of possibilities: the Gottschalk cartel is fomenting trouble among the knees in order to sell their latest armaments to the blanks; which ties in nicely with the fact that something big is brewing with the X Patriots; and it looks as if the inconceivable is about to happen and that one of Britain's most dangerous revolutionaries is going to be given a visa to enter America. And then there's the story that just falls into his lap. The one that suggests that the respected Director of the New York State Mental Hospital is a charlatan. John Brunner's scathing vision of a society disintegrating under the impact of violence, drugs, high-level corruption and the casual institutionalization of the 'insane' was a powerful and important statement in 1969. It remains a compelling and chilling tour de force.
- Cover art by Leo & Diane Dillon.
First printing has gutter code "40K" on page 339, indicates an October 1969 printing.
- Local notes:
- Adams Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015 by Dr. Mark B. Adams.
Adams Collection copy has dustjacket. Has gutter code.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B. (donor) (Adams Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database, 209377
- Dillon, Leo, illustrator.
Dillon, Diane, illustrator.
Mark B. Adams Science Fiction Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Publisher Number:
- 02050 Science Fiction Book Club
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|