Wake up you! : the rise and fall of Nigerian rock, 1972-1977 / [Uchenna Ikonne].
- Los Angeles, CA : Now-Again Records, 
- Sound recording
2 volumes : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm + 2 sound discs (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Rock music -- Nigeria -- 1971-1980.
Popular music -- Nigeria -- 1971-1980.
Funk (Music) -- Nigeria.
Psychedelic rock music -- Nigeria.
Afrobeat -- Nigeria.
Psychedelic rock music.
- "The Western world was in the throes of peace, love and flower power as Nigeria descended into Civil War in the 1967. The rock scene that developed during the following three years of bloodshed and destruction would come to heal the country, propagate the world-wide ideal of the Modern Nigerian, and propel Fela to stardom after conflict ended in 1970."-- Back cover.
- CD, vol. 1. Never never let me down / Formulars Dance Band
Keep on moving / The Hygrades
Everybody likes something good / Ify Jerry Krusade
In the jungle (instrumental) / The Hygrades
Onye Ije / The Strangers
Stone the flower / The Hykkers
Baby I need you / The Funkees
Mother / Waves
Beautiful Daddy / Ofo the Black Company
Graceful bird / War-head Constriction
Ije Udo / The Magnificent Zenians
Never too late / The Apostles
Groove the funk / Aktion
Ballad of a sad young woman / Wrinkar Experience
I can't be satisfied / The Founders
Float / Tirogo
Scram out / Question Mark
Tell me / P.R.O
CD, vol. 2. Come back baby / Theodore Nemy & his band
Slipping into darkness / The Funkees
I want a break thru / The Hykkers
In the jungle / The Hygrades
Babalawo / Shadow Abraham with Monomono Friends
Wake up you / Waves
Shower of stone / War-Head Constriction
Love / Question Mark
Set me free / Action 13
Baby rock / Jay U Experience
Flying bird / The Doves
Awa Lani Arawa / Kukumbas
Life will move / The Believers
The feelings / Tony Gray and the Black 7
Life in Cannan / Ceejebs
Who made the world / The Identicals.
- Theodore Nemy, vocals; Bill Ike, vocals, keyboard; Jake Sollo, guitar; Harry Mosco, vocals, percussion; Danny Heibs, bass, vocals; Sonny Akpan, percussion; Ify Jerry, guitar, Willie Bestman, percussion, Jeff Afam, rhythm guitar; Emile Lawson, drums; Elvis Ato Arinze, vocals; Goddy Oku, guitar; Clement Amaeechi, rhythm guitar; Kevin Coburn, bass; Shadow Abraham, vocals; Kenneth Okulolo, bass; Friday Jumbo, percussion; April Laine, guitar, vocals; Dave Kumalo, guitar, vocals; Akuma Walters, bass, voclas; Eric Mann, drums; Martin Amenechi, guitar, vocals; Femi Lasode, bass, vocals;
- Compact disc.
Title from cover.
CD compilation produced by Eothen Alapatt and Uchenna Ikonne.
The first 34 pages of vol. 2 are the same as the first 34 pages of vol. 1. It seems that this is intentional.
- Alapatt, Eothen.
- Publisher Number:
NA 5120 (Vol.1) Now Again
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|