Porridge / Jack Gill presents ; for Black Lion Films ; a Witzend Production ; written by Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais ; produced by Allan McKeown and Ian La Frenais ; directed by Dick Clement.
- Other Title:
- Sometimes released under title: Doing time
- [Australia] : distributed by Magna Pacific : Carlton, [2002?]
- Screen classics
1 videodisc (90 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Prisons -- England -- Drama.
Escapes -- Drama.
La Frenais, Ian -- Film adaptations.
Clement, Dick -- Film adaptations.
- Film adaptations.
Motion pictures, Great Britain.
- System Details:
- DVD, PAL, Region 4; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 1.0.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 4
- "Norman and his cell mate Lennie have been happily serving 'Porridge' (slang for a prison term) for a long, long time. The pair's idyllic life is brought to an abrupt and hilarious end when Rudge and Oakes, two new inmates, decide that they can't spend anymore time inside and trick a rookie prison guard into hosting a prison celebrity soccer match. The game goes ahead and Rudge and Oakes' escape plan works perfectly, except that Norman and Lennie find themselves caught up in the escape and on the outside of their beloved prison. They must now face the biggest challenge of their careers by breaking back into the prison."--Container.
- Ronnie Barker, Richard Beckinsale, Fulton Mackay, Brian Wilde, Peter Vaughan.
- Director of photography, Bob Huke; editor, Alan Jones; music, Terry Oates.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1979.
Based on characters created by Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais for the television program of the same title.
- La Frenais, Ian, film producer, screenwriter.
Clement, Dick, film director, screenwriter.
McKeown, Allan, film producer.
Gill, Jack C., film producer.
Barker, Ronnie, actor.
Beckinsale, Richard, actor.
Mackay, Fulton, 1922-1987, actor.
Oates, Terry, composer (expression)
Black Lion Films, film production company.
Magna Pacific, publisher.
Carlton International Media Limited, publisher.
- Publisher Number:
DVD06800 Magna Pacific
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|