Paper tigers / a KPJR Films production ; producers, Karen Pritzker, James Redford ; directed by James Redford.
- [Wilmington, Delaware] : KPJR Films, 
1 videodisc (102 min.) : sound, color, ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in. stamping
- Alternative education -- Washington (State) -- Walla Walla.
Stress (Psychology) -- Study and teaching (Secondary)
Youth with social disabilities -- Education -- Washington (State)
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; optional subtitles in Spanish.
Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; stereo.
digital optical stereo
video file DVD video region 1
- This film follows 6 students from Lincoln Alternative High School in Walla Walla, Washington. The principal and teachers embraced a non-punitive, trauma-informed model of teaching and discipline in order to counteract the chaos and violence present in the school. Using the ACE's model in the classroom helped the students understand their negative emotions and create an atmosphere for success.
- Director of photography, Tylor Norwood; editor, Jen Bradwell; music, Todd Boekelheide.
- "One high school's unlikely success story"--Container.
Filmed at Lincoln Alternative High School, Walla Walla, Washington during 2012-2013.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2015.
Special feature: a toolkit of short, informational films: The biology of toxic stress, Around the campfire, How to connect with students, Lighthouse parenting, What are ACEs? and trailer for a related film produced by KPJR Films: Resilence: the biology of stress & the science of hope.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Redford, James, 1962- film producer, film director.
Pritzker, Karen, film producer.
Norwood, Tylor, director of photography.
Boekelheide, Todd, composer (expression)
Bradwell, Jen, editor of moving image work.
KPJR Films, production company, publisher.
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|