Divine average : a historical novel on that period of Texas history when "cow boy" was a phrase with a controversial meaning and "Texians" a nationality / Elithe Hamilton Kirkland.
- 1st ed.
- Boston : Little, Brown and Company, c1952.
378 p. : maps ; 21 cm.
- Texas -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Texas frontier during the last two decades before the Civil War.
- Maps on endpapers.
- Local notes:
- Schimmel Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Caroline F. Schimmel.
Schimmel Collection copy has autograph ("Edward Crane") of Edward Crane (1883-1959) on front free endpaper; dated 20th-century autograph ("Edward Crane 7-11-52") on half-title leaf; blue ink stamp ("EX LIBRIS Crane") on p. 378.
Schimmel Collection copy has letter from Pat Ireland Nixon (on his letterhead) to Edward Crane dated 16 July 1952, housed in envelope postmarked on the same date, laid in.
Schimmel Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schimmel, Caroline F. (donor) (Schimmel Collection copy)
Crane, Edward (autograph) (inscription) (stamp) (Schimmel Collection copy)
Nixon, Pat Ireland, 1883-1965 (autograph) (Schimmel Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Caroline F. Schimmel Fiction Collection of Women in the American Wilderness (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|