The works of Sir William Temple, Bart [electronic resource] : complete in four volumes, to which is prefixed, the life and character of the author ...
- New ed.
- London : Printed for F.C. and J. Rivington, 1814 (London : S. Hamilton)
- Making of the Modern World
1 online resource.
- Temple, William, Sir, 1628-1699.
- v. 1. Life of the author. An essay on the original and nature of government. Observations upon the United Provinces of the Netherlands. Letters containing an account of the most important transactions that passed in Christendom from 1665 to 1672.
v. 2. Sequel of the author's letters, serving to supply the loss of the first part of his memoirs. A survey of the constitutions and interests of the Empire, Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Holland, France, and Flanders in 1671. A letter to the Duke of Ormond, written in October 1673. Memoirs, pt. II-III. Appendix to the Memoirs, pt. III.
v. 3. An essay upon the advancement of trade in Ireland. Of popular discontents. An introduction to the history of England. Of gardening. An essay upon the cure of the gout by moxa. Of health and long life. Of heroic virtue. Of poetry. An essay upon ancient and modern learning. Thoughts upon reviewing that essay. Of the excesses of grief. Of the different conditions of life and fortune. Heads of an essay on conversation. Poetry.
v. 4. Letters to the King, the Prince of Orange, &c.
- Includes index.
Reproduction of original from Kress Library of Business and Economics, Harvard University.
Goldsmiths'-Kress no. 20897.26.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2005. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited to licensing agreements. s2005 miunns
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|