Meet Addy : an American girl / by Connie Porter ; illustrations, Melodye Rosales ; vignettes, Renée Graef, Luann Roberts.
- [1st ed.]
- [Middleton, WI] : Pleasant Company, [©1993].
- American girls collection.
The American girls collection
, 69,  pages : color illustrations ; 22 cm.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
Slavery -- Juvenile fiction.
Underground Railroad -- Juvenile fiction.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Juvenile fiction.
American Civil War (1861-1865)
- Childrens subjects:
- African Americans -- Fiction.
Slavery -- Fiction.
Underground Railroad -- Fiction.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Fiction.
- Local subjects:
- Slavery -- Fiction.
African Americans -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Wisconsin Middleton.
- In 1864, after her father and brother are sold to another owner, nine-year-old Addy Walker and her mother escape from their cruel life of slavery in North Carolina to freedom in Philadelphia.
- Whispers of freedom
A new plan
Into the night
- "Edited by Roberta Johnson."
"Designed by Myland McRevey and Jane S. Varda"--t.p. verso.
"Art Directed by Kathleen A. Brown"--t.p. verso.
Designed by Atha Tehon.
- Local notes:
- Tehon Collection copy has 2 page advertisement with postcard addressed to the Pleasant Company bound in.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copies 1-2 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy 1: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy 1 has additional preliminary page listing additional titles about Addy.
Banks Collection copies 1-2 have postcards addressed to Pleasant Company laid in.
Banks Collection copy 2 is paperback "First Edition 2" printing.
- Penn Provenance:
- Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor) (Tehon Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Rosales, Melodye, illustrator.
McRevey, Myland, designer.
Varda, Jane S., designer.
Brown, Kathleen A.
Atha Tehon Thiras Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 1562470760 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|