Abe's honest words : the life of Abraham Lincoln / Doreen Rappaport ; illustrated by Kadir Nelson.
- First edition.
- New York : Hyperion Books for Children, an imprint of Disney Book Group,  , ©2008.
 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 -- Juvenile literature.
Presidents -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- Childrens subjects:
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- An introduction to the life and career of America's 16th president.
- "The quotations in bold are Abraham Lincoln's own words. Some quotes have been edited and punctuation changed for readability, without changing the meaning of Lincoln's original intention."--Title leaf verso.
Designed by Atha Tehon.
Ages 8 and up.
Includes bibliographical references.
Booklist Starred Review (2008); School Library Journal Starred Review (2008).
- Local notes:
- Tehon Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
Tehon Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copies 1, 2, 3 and 4 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copies 1, 2 & 3: dustjackets retained.
Banks Collection copies 1 & 2 have "Reinforced binding".
- Penn Provenance:
- Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor) (Tehon Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copies 1, 2, 3 & 4)
- Penn Chronology:
- Nelson, Kadir, illustrator.
Tehon, Atha, designer.
Hyperion Books for Children, publisher.
Atha Tehon Thiras Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9781423104087 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|