The English garden : a poem : book the third / by W. Mason, M.A.
- London : Printed by H. Goldney, for J. Dodsley ... and T. Cadell ... ; [York] : And sold by J. Todd, in Stonegate, York, MDCCLXXIX 
, 32 p. ; 27 cm (4to)
- l.d, mss, w,s; FrIn (3) 1779 (R)
- Gardens -- England -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- With a half-title.
Signatures: pi² A-D⁴.
"Price two shillings" in square brackets below half-title.
- Local notes:
- Furness copy bound with: Shirley, William. Electra. London : Printed by W. Faden : To be had of J. Newbery ... and R. Davis ..., MDCCLXV .
Furness copy has on front pastedown manuscript contents list (in the hand of John Ruggles?), with annotation that the first work in the volume is the gift of the author.
Furness copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2019 from Christopher Edwards Antiquarian Books & Manuscripts.
Furness copy has oval stamp of Thomas Ruggles ("TRUGGLES" around image of a tower) on front pastedown.
Furness copy has dated 19th-century autograph ("John Ruggles 1817") of John Ruggles-Brise on front free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Ruggles, Thomas, 1737?-1813 (stamp) (Furness copy)
Ruggles-Brise, John, 1782-1852 (autograph) (Furness copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T32685
- Goldney, Henry, active 1772-1800, printer.
Dodsley, James, 1724-1797, bookseller.
Cadell, T. (Thomas), 1742-1802, bookseller.
Todd, John, -1811, bookseller.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|