James Winter They are all in their favorite characters of Shakespeare drawing, 1795
1 item (1 leaf)
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- 18th century -- Miscellanea.
Actors -- England -- 18th century.
- Drawings (visual works)
Manuscripts, English -- 18th century.
- A sheet dated December 21, 1795 signed by James Winter, Jr. comprising portrait drawings in ink and pencil of seventeen eighteenth-century actors each depicted as a character from a work of Shakespeare. The portraits appear at the top of the page and are numbered one through seventeen. A title below the drawings reads "They are in their favorite characters of Shakespeare." On the bottom of the page are four sections of three columns listing the corresponding number and name of the actor, the Shakespeare character portrayed, and the play the where the role appears.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Simon Beattie (Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom), 2016.
- Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- Contained In:
- Miscellaneous Manuscripts. Box 23 Folder 8
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|