A new system of modern geography, or, A geographical, historical, and commercial grammar, and present state of the several kingdoms of the world [electronic resource] : containing I. the figures, motions, and distances of the planets ... II. a general view of the Earth ... III. the grand divisions of the globe into land and water, continents and islands ... VIII. the history and origin of nations, their forms of government, religion, laws, revenues, taxes, naval and military strength ... / by William Guthrie ; the astronomical part by James Ferguson.
- Other Title:
- Geographical, historical, and commercial grammar, and present state of the several kingdoms of the world
- 6th ed., corr. and greatly enl.
- London : Printed for C. Dilly, 1795.
- Making of the Modern World
1 online resource.
- "To which have been added, the late discoveries of Dr. Herschell, and other eminent astronomers"
The original edition (1770) and many others have title "A new geographical, historical, and commercial grammar"; other later editions, "A universal geography."--NUC pre-1956.
Of this popular grammar, Knox, the bookseller, is said to be the real compiler.--NUC pre-1956.
Reproduction of original from Goldsmiths' Library, University of London.
Goldsmiths'-Kress no. 16207.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2005. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited to licensing agreements. s2005 miunns
- Ferguson, James, 1710-1776.
Knox, John, 1720-1790.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|