Kill the next one / Federico Axat ; translated by David Frye.
- Standardized Title:
- Última salida. English
- First English language edition.
- New York : Mulholland Books, Little, Brown and Company, 2016.
407 pages ; 25 cm
- Terminally ill -- Fiction.
Murder -- Fiction.
- Detective and mystery fiction.
- "Ted McKay had it all: a beautiful wife, two daughters, a high-paying job. But after being diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor he finds himself with a gun to his temple, ready to pull the trigger. Then the doorbell rings. A stranger makes him a proposition: why not kill two deserving men before dying? The first target is a criminal, and the second is a man with terminal cancer who, like Ted, wants to die. After executing these kills, Ted will become someone else's next target, like a kind of suicidal daisy chain. Ted understands the stranger's logic: it's easier for a victim's family to deal with a murder than with a suicide. However, as Ted commits the murders, the crime scenes strike him as odd. The targets know him by name and possess familiar mementos. Even more bizarrely, Ted recognizes locations and men he shouldn't know. As Ted's mind begins to crack, dark secrets from his past seep through the fissures" -- provided by publisher.
- Frye, David L., translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|