Gaṇapatistotra, circa 1700-1850. = गणपतिस्तोत्र, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (1 leaf) : paper ; 10 x 18 cm.
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity).
Nārada (Hindu mythology).
Siva (Hindu deity).
- Hymns (documents)
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Proclaims the benefits of reciting this stotra dedicated to the elephant-headed Hindu deity Gaṇeśa and various names associated with him. Merits of worship (pūjā) of Gaṇeśa also discussed. Presented as a dialogue between Nārada and Nandikeśvara.
- Title from colophon (f. 1v).
Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
Colophon: iti nāradanaṃdikeśvarasaṃvāde gaṇapatistotraṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ (f. 1v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 1844 (UP 2484).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2484.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 2484
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|