Integrated behavioral health in primary care [electronic resource] : step-by-step guidance for assessment and intervention / Christopher L. Hunter, Defense Health Agency, Jeffrey L. Goodie, Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology, Uniformed Services University, Mark S. Oordt, Anne C. Dobmeyer.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 2nd edition.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 2017.
1 online resource (xv, 354 pages)
- Mental health services.
Integrated delivery of health care.
Primary care (Medicine).
- Medical subjects:
- Mental Health Services.
Delivery of Health Care, Integrated.
Primary Health Care.
- "A large number of primary care visits in the United States are related to behavioral health needs, and many common medical problems seen in primary care involve poor health habits that may initiate, exacerbate or perpetuate symptoms and poor functioning. Unfortunately, health care providers often lack the time or training to help patients manage these problems in evidence-based ways beyond medication prescriptions. This step-by-step guide for assessment and intervention changes that pattern. This timely new edition of Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care brings the reader up to speed with changing aspects of primary care service delivery in response to the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), the Triple-Aim health approach, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Drawing on research evidence and years of experience, the authors offer practical information and guidance for behavioral health care practitioners who wish to work more effectively in the fast-paced setting of primary care, and provide detailed advice for addressing common health problems such as generalized anxiety disorder, depression, weight issues, sleep problems, cardiovascular disorders, pain disorders, sexual problems, and more. New to this edition are chapters on population health and the PCMH; children, adolescents, and parenting; couples; managing suicide risk; and shared medical appointments. Interwoven throughout are practical tips for success and traps to avoid, as well as a rich array of reproducible assessment questions, patient handouts, and sample scripts. All of these help the clinician to foster the kinds of focused interactions that have proven successful within the primary care environment"--Publicity materials. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved).
- part I. Foundations of integrated behavioral health consultation services
part II. Common behavioral health concerns in primary care
part III. Special issues.
- Revision of: Integrated behavioral health in primary care / Christopher L. Hunter... [and others]. c2009. 1st edition.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2016.
Description based on print version record.
- Goodie, Jeffrey L., author.
Oordt, Mark S., author.
Dobmeyer, Anne C., author.
American Psychological Association, issuing body.
- 9781433823817 (print ed.)
1433823810 (print ed.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|