A catalogue of the very valuable and extensive library of the College of Advocates, Doctors' Commons, London : containing the works of the most celebrated English and foreign writers on civil, canon and ecclesiastical law, from the earliest times ... which will be sold at auction / by Mr. Hodgson.
- Other Title:
- Catalogue of the valuable library of the College of Advocates, Doctors' Commons, London : which will be sold at auction
Catalogues of the library of the College of Advocates PU
- [London : Hodgson and Co., 1861] London : Rayner and Hodges.
96 p. ; 26 cm.
- College of Advocates in Doctors' Commons -- Library -- Catalogs.
Law -- Bibliography.
Books -- Prices.
- Book auction catalogs -- England -- London -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Prices added in manuscript.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy imperfect: title leaf wanting.
RBC copy bound with: College of Advocates in Doctors' Commons. Library. Catalogue of the books in the library of the College of Advocates in Doctors' Commons. [London : College of Advocates in Doctors' Commons, after 1848].
RBC copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2017 from eBay seller Ron L. Vogel (Ron_likes_history).
RBC copy has gift bookplate ("Hamilton College Library") of the library of Hamilton College (Clinton, N.Y.) with ms. reception date ("1884") and withdrawal stamp on front pastedown; bookplate of the same institution with ms. shelf-mark ("016.34 C68") and stamp ("STACK").
RBC copy has armorial bookplate of William Curtis Noyes on front pastedown.
RBC copy has front wrapper bound in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hamilton College (Clinton, N.Y.). Library (bookplate) (RBC copy)
Noyes, William Curtis, 1805-1864 (bookplate) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- College of Advocates in Doctors' Commons. Library.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|