Mr. Hoover and I / a film by Emile de Antonio ; in association with Channel Four Television ; directed, written, and produced by Emile de Antonio.
- Other Title:
- Mister Hoover and I
- [Chicago, IL] : Home Vision ; Chatsworth, CA : Distributed exclusively by Image Entertainment, 2008.
- Emile de Antonio.
Emile de Antonio : films of a radical saint
1 videodisc (approximately 87 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- De Antonio, Emile.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1953-1961.
Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 1
- This film resulted from de Antonio's discovery that the FBI had been keeping tabs on him over the years, compiling over 10,000 pages of documents on his activities. The film provides fascinating insights into de Antonio's work methods, his personal life and his politics, while affording him the opportunity to avenge himself by presenting his own dossier on J. Edgar Hoover, the infamous former FBI chief.
- John Cage, Nancy de Antonio, Emile de Abtonio.
- Camera, Morgan Wesson, Matthew Mindlin; editor, George Spyros.
- Originally released as a documentary film in 1989; copyright held by Turin Film Corp.
Special feature: Point of order theatrical trailer.
- Local notes:
- This film was released by the publisher as one disc in a four-disc set. University of Pennsylvania libraries have cataloged the four films separately.
- De Antonio, Emile, film producer, film director, screenwriter, interviewee.
De Antonio, Nancy, interviewee.
Cage, John, interviewee.
Turin Film Corp., film production company.
Channel Four (Great Britain), film production company.
Home Vision Entertainment (Firm), publisher.
Image Entertainment (Firm), film distribution company.
- Publisher Number:
- 014381413823 (set)
HVE4138DVD HVE (set)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|