Something wild / Prometheus Enterprises Inc. presents ; screenplay by Jack Garfein & Alex Karmel ; produced by George Justin ; directed by Jack Garfein.
- Director-approved two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 850.
Criterion collection ; 850
2 videodiscs (113 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded insert.
4 3/4 in.
- Karmel, Alex, 1931- -- Film adaptations.
Women -- Suicidal behavior -- Drama.
Sexual abuse victims -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.66:1 aspect ratio) presentation ; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- "A complex exploration of the physical and emotional effects of trauma. A college student attempts suicide after a brutal sexual assault but is stopped by a mechanic whose kindness, however, soon takes an unsettling turn. "--Container.
- Carroll Baker, Ralph Meeker, Mildred Dunnock, Jean Stapleton, Martin Kosleck, Charles Watts.
- Director of photography, Eugen Shuftan; editor, Carl Lerner; music, Aaron Copland.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1961.
Based on the novel Mary Ann / by Alex Karmel.
Special features: new conversation between director Jack Garfein and critic Kim Morgan; new interview with actor Carroll Baker; Behind the method, a new interview with scholar Foster Hirsch on the Actors Studio; Master Class with Jack Garfein, excerpts from a 2014 recording of one of the director's world-famous lectures on acting technique; essay by critic Sheila O'Malley.
- Justin, George, 1916-2008, film producer.
Garfein, Jack, film director, screenwriter.
Karmel, Alex, 1931- screenwriter.
Baker, Carroll, 1931- actor.
Meeker, Ralph, 1920-1988, actor.
Dunnock, Mildred, actor.
Stapleton, Jean, 1923-2013, actor.
Kosleck, Martin, 1904-1994, actor.
Schüfftan, Eugen, 1893-1977, director of photography.
Lerner, Carl, editor of moving image work.
Copland, Aaron, 1900-1990, composer (expression)
Prometheus Enterprises Inc., production company, presenter.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Container of: Something wild (Motion picture : 1961)
- Publisher Number:
CC2717DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|