The asphalt jungle / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; a John Huston production ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; screen play by Ben Maddow and John Huston ; produced by Arthur Hornblow, Jr. ; directed by John Huston.
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 847.
The Criterion collection ; 847
2 videodiscs (approximately 112 min.) : DVD video, sound, black & white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 insert (12 panels ; color illustrations ; 19 cm)
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Jewelry theft -- Drama.
Ex-convicts -- Drama.
Jewel thieves -- Drama.
Burnett, W. R. (William Riley), 1899-1982 -- Film adaptations.
- Film noir.
Detective and mystery films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC, region 1; full frame (1.37:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital 1.0
video file DVD video region 1
- "In a smog-choked city somewhere in the American Midwest, an aging criminal mastermind, newly released from prison, hatches a plan for a million-dollar jewel heist and draws a wealthy lawyer and a cherry-picked trio of outlaws into his carefully devised but inevitably doomed scheme."--Container.
- Sterling Hayden, Louis Calhern, Jean Hagen, James Whitmore, Sam Jaffe, John McIntire, Marc Lawrence, Barry Kelley, Marilyn Monroe.
- Director of photography, Harold Rosson; art directors, Cedric Gibbons and Randall Duell; film editor, George Boemler; music, Miklos Rozsa.
- Title from title frame.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1950.
Based on The asphalt jungle / by W.R. Burnett.
Special features: audio commentary from 2004 by film historian Drew Casper, featuring recordings of actor James Whitmore; new interviews with film noir historian Eddie Muller and cinematographer John Bailey; archival footage of writer-director John Huston discussing the film; episode of the television program City lights from 1979 featuring John Huston; Pharos of chaos a 1983 documentary about actor Sterling Haydon; audio excerpts of archival interviews with Huston; trailer. Container insert includes essay "A left-handed form of human endeavor" by film critic Geoffrey O'Brien.
- Huston, John, 1906-1987, film director, screenwriter.
Hornblow, Arthur, Jr., 1893-1976, film producer.
Maddow, Ben, 1909-1992, screenwriter.
Rosson, Harold, 1895-1988, director of photography.
Rózsa, Miklós, 1907-1995, composer (expression)
Boemler, George, editor of moving image work.
Gibbons, Cedric, 1895-1960, art director.
Duell, Randall, art director.
Hayden, Sterling, 1916-1986, actor.
Calhern, Louis, 1895-1956, actor.
Hagen, Jean, 1923-1977, actor.
Whitmore, James, 1921-2009, actor.
Jaffe, Sam, 1891-1984, actor.
McIntire, John, 1907-1991, actor.
Lawrence, Marc, 1910-2005, actor.
Kelley, Barry, 1908-1991, actor.
Monroe, Marilyn, 1926-1962, actor.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor.
- Publisher Number:
CC2712DDVD Criterion Collection
CC2712D Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|