His girl Friday / Columbia Pictures Corporation presents ; screen play by Charles Lederer ; directed by Howard Hawks. The front page / Howard Hughes presents Lewis Milestone's production ; adaptation by Bartlett Cormack ; additional dialogue by Charles Lederer ; directed by Lewis Milestone.
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 849.
Criterion collection ; 849
2 videodiscs (92, 101 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Hecht, Ben, 1894-1964 -- Film adaptations.
MacArthur, Charles, 1895-1956 -- Film adaptations.
Journalists -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Divorced people -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Screwball comedy films.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
digital optical mono Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 1
- Hildy Johnson is an reporter who is matched in force only by her conniving-but-charismatic ex-editor and ex-husband, Walter Burns, who dangles the chance for her to scoop her fellow news writers with the story of an impending execution in order to keep her from hopping the train that's supposed to take her to Albany and a new life as a housewife.
- [Disc 1.] His girl Friday
[disc 2.] The front page.
- (His girl Friday) Cary Grant, Rosalind Russell, Ralph Bellamy, Gene Lockhart, Helen Mack, Porter Hall.
(The front page) Adolphe Menjou, Pat O'Brien, Mary Brian.
- (His girl Friday) Director of photography, Joseph Walker; editor, Gene Havlick; musical director, M.W. Stoloff.
(The front page) Director of photography, Glen MacWilliams; editor, W. Duncan Mansfield.
- Videodisc release of the motion pictures produced in 1940 (His girl Friday) and 1931 (The front page).
Based on the play The front page / by Ben Hecht and Charles MacArthur ; as produced by Jed Harris.
Special features: New 4K restoration of Lewis Milestone's The Front Page (1931); New interview with film scholar David Bordwell; archival interviews with Howard Hawks; featurettes from 1999; radio adaptation from 1940; new piece about the restoration of The Front Page; new piece about playwright and screenwriter Ben Hecht; radio adaptations of the play The Front Page from 1937 and 1946; original theatrical trailers; booklet.
- Hawks, Howard, 1896-1977, film director.
Milestone, Lewis, 1895-1980, film director.
Lederer, Charles, 1910-1976, screenwriter.
Cormack, Bartlett, 1898-1942, screenwriter.
Grant, Cary, 1904-1986, actor.
Russell, Rosalind, actor.
Bellamy, Ralph, 1904-1991, actor.
Lockhart, Gene, 1891-1957, actor.
Mack, Helen, actor.
Hall, Porter, 1888-1953, actor.
Menjou, Adolphe, 1890-1963, actor.
O'Brien, Pat, 1899-1983, actor.
Brian, Mary, 1906-2002, actor.
Walker, Joseph B., director of photography.
Havlick, Gene, 1894-1959, editor of moving image work.
Stoloff, Morris, 1898-1980, musical director.
Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor.
Columbia Pictures Corporation, production company.
- Container of: His girl Friday (Motion picture)
Container of: Front page (Motion picture : 1931)
- Publisher Number:
CC2705DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|