Knowing how : researching and writing nonfiction, 3-8 / Mary C. McMackin, Barbara S. Siegel.
- Portland, Me. : Stenhouse Publishers, ©2002.
viii, 168 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- English language -- Composition and exercises -- Study and teaching (Elementary).
English language -- Composition and exercises -- Study and teaching (Middle school).
- pt. 1. Researching. 1. Getting There from Here. 2. Journeying from Topic to Research Question. 3. Transforming Their Ideas into My Ideas
pt. 2. Revising and Assessing. 4. What's the Connection? Transitions and Organizational Structures. 5. It Started How? Leads. 6. Is It Done Yet? Conclusions. 7. Did We Succeed? Assessment. App. A. Using Nonfiction Picture Books to Model Expository Writing Strategies
App. B. Using Technology to Enhance Researching and Writing
App. C. Student Reports
App. D. List of Strategies for Transitions, Leads, Conclusions.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 166-168).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- Siegel, Barbara S.
James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|