ʻAd ha-tsaʻad ha-aḥaron = Until the last step / Zvi Shefy Productions, with the support of Belfilm, Yury Ihrusha ; director, Boris Maftsir ; script, Boris Maftsir ; producers, Zvi Shefy, Boris Maftsir.
- Other Title:
- Variant title from container: ʻAd ha-tsaʻad ha-aḥaron
Until the last step
Russian title on container: Do poslednego shaga
עד הצעד האחרון
- [Israel] : Ruth Diskin Films, [2016?]
- Documentary Films Project, Holocaust in the USSR
1 videodisc (approximately 95 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Jews -- Belarus -- Lakhva -- Biography.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Belarus -- Lakhva -- Personal narratives.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Soviet Union -- Personal narratives.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities.
Soviet Union -- History -- German occupation, 1941-1944.
Lakhva (Belarus) -- Biography.
- Documentary films.
- In Russian and Hebrew with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- digital optical
video file DVD-R video
- "Towards the end of winter 1941-42 almost all of the campaigns of the murder of the Jews in Eastern Belarus were already complete. In many places in western Belarus, there were still ghettos. This film describes only some of the events of the Holocaust in Belarus between summer 1942 and until the destruction of the ghettos in the fall of 1943. The town of Lachva in Belarus is actually more of a village than a city. And in its center is the only food store and a memorial to the Red Army soldiers. In a shady spot is a memorial stone for the murdered of the ghetto - with an uncharacteristic dedication- honor and glory. This memorial was erected to memorialize the uprising in the Lachva ghetto, which was one of the first such uprisings against the German invader. The rebels had not chance. They knew their fate was doomed, but they chose how to die. The uprisings in Lachva and in other ghettos in shtetls surprised the oppressors. For the first time they came upon Jews who were willing to resist. Until the Last Step presents stories of heroism and death in the ghettos of Nesvitch, Lachva, Gluboki and the brave story of escape through a tunnel in the Novogrudek ghetto. The film also exposes the Nazi's attempt to obscure the massacre of Jews that was taking place"--Website Searching for the Unknown Holocaust, March 08, 2018.
- Director of photography, Ron Katzenelson; editor, Lilia Tzvokbenkel; music, Avi Benjamin.
- Title from container.
Sources used: video container ; website Searching for the Unknown Holocaust, March 08, 2018, http://www.holocaustinussr.com/films-en/
- Maftsir, Boris, film director, film producer, screenwriter.
Shefy, Zvi, film producer.
Benjamin, Avi, 1959- composer (expression)
Ruth Diskin Films (Firm), film distributor.
Israel and Judaica Section Video Collection (Library of Congress)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|