17th and 18th Century Nichols Newspapers Collection [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- 17th & 18th Century Nichols Newspapers Collection
Seventeenth & eighteenth century Nichols newspapers collection
Seventeenth and eighteenth century Nichols Newspapers Collection
Nichols Newspapers Collection.
- Farmington Hills Gale/Cengage Learning.
Database & Article Index
1 online resource.
- English newspapers -- Scotland -- 17th century -- Indexes -- Databases.
English newspapers -- Scotland -- 18th century -- Indexes -- Databases.
British newspapers -- 17th century -- Indexes -- Databases.
British newspapers -- 18th century -- Indexes -- Databases.
Great Britain -- History -- 18th century -- Sources -- Databases.
- Features the newspapers, periodicals, pamphlets and broadsheets that form the Nichols newspaper collection held at the Bodleian library in Oxford, United Kingdom. All 296 volumes of bound material, covering the period 1672-1737 have been digitized. This collection charts the history of the development of the press in England and provides invaluable insight into 17th and 18th century England.
- Title from masthead on database home page (viewed on 22/03/2017).
The Nichols Collection consists of 280 newspaper and periodical titles and approximately 300 monographs.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Nichols, John, 1745-1826.
Thomson Gale (Firm), issuing body.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|