Manuale typographicum. Hermann Zapf.
- [Limited edition]
- Frankfurt am Main [D. Stempel AG], 1954. ([Germany, Frankfurt am Main] : Printed by Heinrich Egenolf at the House Printing-Office)
, 100,  leaves 23 x 31 cm
- Type and type-founding -- Specimens.
Type and type-founding -- Quotations, maxims, etc.
Type and type-founding.
Schriftgiesserei und Messinglinienfabrik D. Stempel.
- Place of Publication:
- Germany Frankfurt am Main.
- Introduction written in German signed by initials "HZ"; English translation at end signed by Paul Standard.
100 specimens printed in black and red on rectos only and numbered in blind.
"This 'Manuale Typographicum' was set in 16 languages with types of the D. Stempel AG at Frankfurt am Main and historic faces taken from that foundry's archives. Printed in MCMLIV ... in an edition limited to 1000 copies."--Colophon.
"Texte und Übersetzungen in deutscher Sprache" (47 p. 23 cm.) in pocket.
Parchment spine lettered in gold with gray paper covered boards. Housed in slip case.
- Local notes:
- Tehon Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Standard, Paul, 1896-1992.
Atha Tehon Thiras Art and Design Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|