Senzo ni naru / Maxam ; Ren Universe ; seisaku, Gon Yōko ; henshū, Tayama Kōichi ; kantoku, Ikeya Kaoru. = 先祖になる / Maxam ; Ren Universe ; 製作, 権洋子 ; 編集, 田山晃一 ; 監督, 池谷薰.
- [Tokyo] hatsubaimoto, Makuzamu, 
- [Tokyo] hanbaimoto, Makuzamu
[Tokyo] : 販売元, マクザム
1 videodisc (118 min.) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 in. 1 folded insert (color illustrations ; 18 cm.)
4 3/4 in.
- Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami, Japan, 2011 -- Social aspects.
Loggers -- Japan -- Biography.
Disaster victims -- Japan -- Biography.
Iwate-ken (Japan) -- Social conditions.
Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami (Japan : 2011)
Japan -- Iwate-ken.
Japan -- Tōhoku Region
- Local subjects:
- Satō, Naoshi -- Interviews.
- Documentary films.
Feature films -- Japan.
- In Japanese; optional subtitles in Japanese and English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, region 2; widescreen (1.85:1 VistaVision) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo.
digital optical stereo Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 2
- "Naoshi is a hale old man of 79 from the Kesen district of Iwate Prefecture who has spent his whole life working as a woodcutter and carpenter. When the tsunami hit in March 2011, the wooden beams of his house didn't even warp after water reached the second floor, although his son was washed away and drowned in the flood. Naoshi is determined to rebuild his house in the exact same spot, to live out his days in the place he was born and continue to honour his son's memory. Yet this determination is challenged on several fronts: by his wife, who feels duty bound to stay with him, by the local authorities and their construction restrictions; and maybe even by his own body, given that his prostate cancer is only in remission. Kaoru Ikeya follows Naoshi's rebuilding efforts for more than a year, exhibiting a perfect understanding of when to ask questions and when to remain silent. As the seasons pass, the debris is cleared, and roots reattach, this tender portrait of a quietly stubborn man opens out into a complex study of the many ambivalences the reconstruction process brings with it: a tangled web of family duty, traditional customs, community spirit and municipal legislation."--Berlinale, May 27, 2015.
- Satō Naoshi, Kanno Takeshi.
- Satsuei, Fukui Masaharu, Sakaguchi Yūta, Kaneko Hideki.
撮影, 福居正治, 坂口勇太, 金子英樹.
- Special features (27 min.): director interviews; theatrical trailers.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2012.
Best Documentary, Mainichi Film Award, 2013.
- Ikeya, Kaoru, 1958- film director.
Gon, Yōko, 1963- film producer.
Satō, Naoshi, intervewee.
Kanno, Takeshi, intervewee.
Ren Yunibāsu (Firm), production company.
Maxam, distribution company.
Ikeya, Kaoru, 1958-
Gon, Yōko, 1963-
Ren Yunibāsu (Firm)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|