The war of 1948 : representations of Israeli and Palestinian memories and narratives / edited by Avraham Sela and Alon Kadish.
- Bloomington, Indiana : Indiana University Press, 
- Israel studies book.
An Israel studies book
vii, 232 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Israel-Arab War (1948-1949).
Israel-Arab War, 1948-1949 -- Historiography.
Israel-Arab War, 1948-1949 -- Literature and the war.
Israel-Arab War, 1948-1949 -- Art and the war.
Israel-Arab War, 1948-1949 -- Television and the war.
Collective memory -- Palestine.
War and literature.
War and television.
Middle East -- Palestine.
- The 1948 War is remembered in this special volume, including aspects of Israeli-Jewish memory and historical narratives of 1948 and representations of Israeli-Palestinian memory of that cataclysmic event and its consequences. The contributors map and analyze a range of perspectives of the 1948 War as represented in literature, historical museums, art, visual media, and landscape, as well as in competing official and societal narratives. They are examined especially against the backdrop of the Oslo process, which brought into relief tensions within and between both sides of the national divide concerning identity and legitimacy, justice, and righteousness of "self" and "other."
- Israeli and Palestinian memories and historical narratives of the 1948 war : an overview / Avraham Sela and Alon Kadish
Part 1. Israeli-Jewish narratives : continuity and change. The 1948 Palestine war on the small screen : a comparative analysis of its representation in two Israeli television series / Bosmat Garami
Israel's publications agency and the 1948 Palestinian refugees / Rafi Nets-Zangut
The war of independence exhibited : a study of three Israeli museums / Ofer Boord
Part 2. The politics of space memory. Contested urban memoryscape strategies and tactics in post-1948 Haifa / Ziva Kolodney
The making of a myth : the story of Kfar Etzion in religious Zionism 1948-1967 / Dror Greenblum
Part 3. Palestinian traumatic memory. Descending the Khazooq : "working through" the trauma of the Nakba in Emile Habibi's oeuvre / Assaf Peled
Wa-ma nasayna (we have not forgotten) : Palestinian collective memory and the print work of Abed Abdi / Tal Ben-Zvi
The Palestinian exile : drama shapes memory / Mustafa Kabha
Epilogue : reflections on post-Oslo Israeli and Palestinian history and memory of 1948 / Avraham Sela and Neil Caplan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sela, Avraham, editor.
Kadish, Alon, 1950- editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: War of 1948
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|