The protector = [Tom yum goong] / the Weinstein Company presents ; Sahamongkolfilm International presents ; a Baa-Ram-Ewe production ; story by Prachya Pinkaew ; written by Napalee ... [et al.] ; producers, Prachya Pinkaew, Sukanya Vongsthapat ; directed by Prachya Pinkaew.
- Other Title:
- Tom yum goong
- Ultimate ed.
- [New York] : Weinstein Co. ; Santa Monica, CA : Distributed by Genius Products, 
- Dragon dynasty (Series) ; 3.
Dragon Dynasty ; 3
2 videodiscs (83 min., 111 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Asiatic elephant -- Drama.
Kidnapping -- Drama.
Gangsters -- Drama.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Action and adventure films.
Martial arts films.
Motion pictures, Thai.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In Thai with some English or in dubbed English with optional subtitles in English or Spanish (U.S. theatrical version); In Thai with some English with optional subtitles in English or Spanish.
Closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired (both versions)
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1; DTS 5.1.
digital optical surround Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- Kham grew up with elephants in Thailand. To him elephants are majestic creatures, bred for peace, but prepared for war. When an evil Asian gang kidnap a bull and baby elephant during a festival, they are smuggled into Sydney, Australia. Kham must travel to a foreign land, and unravel a conspiracy that will reach into the highest levels of Australian law and business circles. With only his Muy Thai fighting techniques, and a disgraced Thai-descent police sergeant, he must reclaim his elephants, and his heritage.
- Disc 1. U.S. theatrical version (83 minutes)
Disc 2. Uncut international version (111minutes).
- Tony Jaa, Phetthai Wongkhamlao, Bongkod Kongmalai, Jin Xing, Johnny Tri Nguyen, Nathan B. Jones, Lateef Crowder, Jonathan Patrick Foo.
- Director of photography, Nuttawut Kittikun; editor, Marut Seelacharoen; music, The RZA; costume designer, Ekabhume Nganchamang; production designer, Akadech Kaewkot.
- Title from container.
Special features: Tony Jaa martial arts demonstration; deleted fight scene; making Tony Jaa; the director's guided tour; "8 limbs" mobisode (a cell phone video); "The protector" soundtrack promo; feature commentary with Asian film expert Bey Logan; theatrical trailer; making Tom Yum Goong; short films from the take on Tony Jaa contest.
At head of title on container: Quentin Tarantino presents Tony Jaa in The protector.
- Prachya Pinkaew, 1962- film director, film producer, screenwriter.
Napalee (Screenwriter), screenwriter.
Sukanya Wongsathapat, film producer.
Jaa, Tony, 1976- actor.
Phetthāi Wongkhamlao, actor.
Bongkod Kongmalai, 1985- actor.
Jin, Xing, 1967- actor.
Genius Products, LLC, publisher.
Weinstein Company, publisher.
Sahamongkhon Fim (Firm), film production company.
Baa-Ram-Ewe (Firm), film production company.
- Publisher Number:
79712 Weinstein Company
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|