Raghuvaṃśa. Sarga 2, circa 1700-1850. = रघुवंश. सर्ग २, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (7 leaves) : paper ; 10 x 21 cm.
- Vālmīki. Rāmāyaṇa.
Rāma (Hindu deity).
Drawings (visual works)
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is a section of a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important for mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Lacks an ending.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left verso.
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant characters, phrases and numbers highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double black line; pencil and ink doodles of birds and floral designs on various folios.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 1968 (UP 2702).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2702.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 2702
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|