Raghuvaṃśa. Sarga 17, circa 1700-1850. = रघुवंश. सर्ग १७, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Raghuvaṃśa. Selections
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (16 leaves) : paper ; 12 x 22 cm.
- Vālmīki. Rāmāyaṇa.
Rāma (Hindu deity).
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is the seventeenth section of a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important for mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Contains an unidentified commentary running parallel above and below the root text.
- Title from abbreviations in margins; title of commentary Raghuvaṃśaṭīkā from abbreviations in margins.
Written in 5-10 lines per leaf.
16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left verso.
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant phrases and numbers highlighted in red near the beginning of the manuscript; vertical margins marked with double red line. Most folios are blue European paper.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 1982 (UP 2708).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2708.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 2708
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|