Women in Pentecostal and Charismatic ministry : informing a dialogue on gender, church, and ministry / edited by Margaret English de Alminana, Lois E. Olena.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Global Pentecostal and Charismatic studies ; 1876-2247 volume 21.
Global Pentecostal and Charismatic studies, 1876-2247 ; volume 21
xxii, 410 pages ; 24 cm.
- Women in church work -- Pentecostal churches.
Sex role -- Religious aspects -- Pentecostal churches.
- Women in Pentecostal and Charismatic Ministry: Informing a Dialogue on Gender, Church, and Ministry', co-edited by Margaret English de Alminana and Lois E. Olena, concerns women and Pentecostalism. It introduces the way the Pentecostal/charismatic movement has been shaped by and has shaped women from its beginning and offers a wide variety of responses to the opportunities and limitations women have experienced in their commitment to religious service. Scholars, activists, leaders, and exemplars from a variety of disciplines reflect on the question: How have women responded to a religious context that has depended upon their gifts while, at the same time, limited their voices and perspectives? This volume offers missing and/or silent voices an important corrective and a way forward to shape gender-focused discussions.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- English de Alminana, Margaret, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Women in Pentecostal and Charismatic ministry
- 9789004332522 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9004332529 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|