Applied Genomics of Foodborne Pathogens [electronic resource] / edited by Xiangyu Deng, Henk C. den Bakker, Rene S. Hendriksen.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Food Microbiology and Food Safety
Food Microbiology and Food Safety
1 online resource
- Life sciences.
Food -- Biotechnology.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book provides a timely and thorough snapshot into the emerging and fast evolving area of applied genomics of foodborne pathogens. Driven by the drastic advance of whole genome shot gun sequencing (WGS) technologies, genomics applications are becoming increasingly valuable and even essential in studying, surveying and controlling foodborne microbial pathogens. The vast opportunities brought by this trend are often at odds with the lack of bioinformatics know-how among food safety and public health professionals, since such expertise is not part of a typical food microbiology curriculum and skill set. Further complicating the challenge is the large and ever evolving body of bioinformatics tools that can obfuscate newcomers to this area. Although reviews, tutorials and books are not in short supply in the fields of bioinformatics and genomics, until now there has not been a comprehensive and customized source of information designed for and accessible to microbiologists interested in applying cutting-edge genomics in food safety and public health research. This book fills this void with a well-selected collection of topics, case studies, and bioinformatics tools contributed by experts at the forefront of foodborne pathogen genomics research.
1. Role of Whole Genome Sequencing in the Public Health Surveillance of Foodborne Pathogens
2. Global Microbial Identifier
3. The Use of Whole Genome Sequencing for Surveillance of Enteric Organisms by United States Public Health Laboratories
4. Bioinformatics Aspects of Foodborne Pathogen Research
5. The CGE Tool Box
6. Genomic Diversity in Salmonella enterica
7. Verocytotoxin-producing Escherichia coli in the Genomic Era: From Virulotyping to Pathogenomics
9. Genomics and Foodborne Viral Infections
10. Transcriptomics and Proteomics of Foodborne Bacterial Pathogens
- Deng, Xiangyu. editor.
den Bakker, Henk C. editor.
Hendriksen, Rene S. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-43751-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|