One hour with Tannhaüser [electronic resource] / Chloé Perlemuter, director ; Bel Air Media, Opéra de Zürich, ARTE France, ANF Munich, TV10 Angers.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Bel Air Media -- Opéra de Zürich -- ARTE France -- ANF Munich -- TV10 Angers,  , ©2003
1 online resource (1 video file (58 min., 45 sec.)) : sound, color
- Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883. Tannhäuser. -- Selections.
Opera -- Production and direction -- Switzerland -- Zurich.
Operas -- Excerpts.
Tannhäuser (Wagner, Richard)
Opera -- Production and direction.
Operas -- Excerpts.
Switzerland -- Zurich
- Internet videos.
- In German, with French subtitles.
- System Details:
- Behind the scenes at the Zürich Opera House for the production of Richard Wagner's Tannhäuser. The fifth great opera composed by Richard Wagner, Tannhäuser is a "Romantic great opera in three acts" drawing its inspiration from the historical Tannhäuser, a 13th century minnesänger, and from the German legend of the song contest at Wartburg that took place in 1207. Wagner's opera focuses on the struggle between sacred and profane love, embodied respectively by Elisabeth and Venus. Though the premiere in 1845 received a controversial response from the audience, divided in fervent supporters and fierce opponents, the opera now enjoys universal admiration for its sensual or ethereal musical depictions of the two opposed conceptions of love. On the occasion of a new prodcution of Tannhäuser at the Zürich Opera House, the movie director Chloé Perlemuter followed the rehearsals with the conductor Franz Welser-Möst and the singers starring in the cast, including Peter Seiffert, Isabelle Kabatu, Solveig Kringelborn and Roman Trekel. Interviews with the musicians shed a new light on this masterwork and on the staging of an opera.
- Peter Seiffert, Tannhaüser ; Isabelle Kabatu, Venus ; Solveig Kringelborn, Elisabeth ; Roman Trekel, Wolfram von Eschenbach ; Zurich Opera House Orchestra ; Franz Welser-Möst, conductor.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Perlemutter, Chloé, film director.
Seiffert, Peter, singer.
Kabatu, Isabelle, singer.
Kringelborn, Solveig, 1963- singer.
Trekel, Roman, singer.
Welser-Möst, Franz, conductor.
Opernhaus Zürich. Orchester, instrumentalist.
Bel Air Media (Firm), production company.
Opernhaus Zürich, production company.
ARTE France, production company.
ANF Munich (Firm), production company.
TV10 (Television station : Angers, France), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|