The birth of a performance [electronic resource] : behind the scenes at the Zürich Opera House / EuroArts Music International ; Günter Atteln, director.
- Other Title:
- Behind the scenes at the Zürich Opera House
- [Place of publication not identified] : EuroArts Music International,  , ©2001
1 online resource (1 video file (54 min.)) : sound, color
- Opera -- Production and direction.
Rossini, Gioacchino, 1792-1868. Barbiere di Siviglia.
Barbiere di Siviglia (Rossini, Gioacchino)
Opera -- Production and direction.
- Internet videos.
- German dialogue; sung in Italian; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- The Zurich Opera House is one of the most renowned in Europe. Fifteen premieres are staged here every year, a significant achievement, when one considers just how much work goes into each individual production. In this exciting documentary we take a behind-the-scenes look at the Zurich Opera House and following the intensive progress of the new production of Rossini's Il Barbiere di Siviglia with Vesselina Kasarova as Rosina. At the same time the film shows preparations for other productions, such as a workshop for Wagner's Siegfried directed by Robert Wilson or a rehearsal for Stravinsky's Le Sacre du Printemps under the choreography of Heinz Spoerli.
- Vesselina Kasarova, mezzo-soprano ; Zürich Opera ; Nello Santi, conductor.
- Recorded Zürich Opera House, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Atteln, Günter, film director.
Kasarova, Vesselina, singer.
Santi, Nello, conductor.
EuroArts Music International GmbH, production company.
Opernhaus Zürich, performer.
- Container of: Rossini, Gioacchino, 1792-1868. Barbiere di Siviglia. Selections
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|