Daniel Barenboim plays and conducts Mozart [electronic resource] : Piano concerto no. 24 / Metropolitan, München ; Klaas Rusticus, director.
- Other Title:
- Piano concerto no. 24
- [Place of publication not identified] : Metropolitan, München, 
1 online resource (1 video file (32 min., 33 sec.)) : sound, color
- Concertos (Piano)
- Internet videos.
- System Details:
- In the sumptous Siemens-Villa, in Berlin, Daniel Barenboïm directs the Berliner Philharmoniker in the 24th concerto for piano by Mozart Two composers who help Daniel Barenboïm to make a name for himself as pianist and orchestra director, are Mozart and Beethoven. In the 1980s, while he was at the peak of his career, he undertook a recording project of the last eight concertos for piano by Mozart with one of the greatest German orchestras, the Berliner Philharmoniker. These performances were recorded in the neoclassic frame of the Siemens-Villa in Berlin, which takes its name from the famous patron and music lover Ferdinand Werner Siemens. These movies represent an extraordinary memory of the main interpretation existing at that time of these Concertos for piano by Mozart, considered as real masterpieces. Premiered in Vienna in April 1786, this concerto is with no doubt the most achieved in the scoring. Made up of a flute, two oboes, two clarinets, two bassoons, two horns, two trompets, two timpani, and strings, the orchestra is almost similar to the one used for modern concertos. Although greatly inspired by Haydn, it is one of the forward-looking mozartian concertos.
- Daniel Barenboim, piano, conductor ; Berliner Philharmoniker.
- Recorded Siemens-Villa, Berlin, Germany.
- Barenboim, Daniel, 1942- conductor, instrumentalist.
Rusticus, Klaas, film director.
Berliner Philharmoniker, instrumentalist.
Metropolitan München (Firm), production company.
- Container of: Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. Concertos, piano, orchestra, K. 491, C minor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|