John Nelson conducts Haydn in Naarden [electronic resource] : rehearsals in Naarden / Idéale Audience, Soli Deo Gloria ; Rhodri Huw, director.
- Other Title:
- Rehearsals in Naarden
- [Place of publication not identified] : Idéale Audience : Soli Deo Gloria,  , ©2010
1 online resource (1 video file (26 min., 31 sec.)) : sound, color
Creation -- Songs and music.
Haydn, Joseph, 1732-1809. Schöpfung -- Criticism and interpretation.
Schöpfung (Haydn, Joseph)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Sung in German, commentary and rehearsal in English.
- System Details:
- Die Schöpfung -- in English, The Creation, is Haydn's timeless masterpiece, written and sung in German. Its theme is the creation of the universe. It is based upon the Bible's Genese, and John Milton's epic poem The Lost Paradise. Haydn is 60 years old when he starts composing this sacred oratorio: he will be absorbed by this work for a year and a half. His source of inspiration and motivation, he says, is Haendel's Messia. The Creation was performed in June 2010 in the church of a little town in the Netherlands: Naarden. John Nelson conducts the Netherlands Radio Chamber Philharmonic, accompanied by the Radio Kamer Choir, and some famous soloists: Lisa Milne, Werner Güra, Matthew Rose, Lucy Crowe, and Jonathan Beyer. It is available here.
- Lisa Milne, Lucy Crowe, sopranos ; Werner Güra, Jonathan Beyer, tenors ; Matthew Rose, baritone ; Netherlands Radio Choir ; Netherlands Radio Chamber Philharmonic ; John Nelson, conductor.
- Recorded Grote Kerk, Naarden, Netherlands.
- Huw, Rhodri, film director.
Milne, Lisa, singer.
Crowe, Lucy, singer.
Güra, Werner, singer.
Beyer, Jonathan, singer.
Rose, Matthew (Bass), singer.
Nelson, John, 1941- conductor.
Idéale Audience International, production company.
Soli Deo Gloria (Sound recording label), production company.
Groot Omroepkoor, singer.
Radio Kamer Filharmonie, instrumentalist.
- Container of: Haydn, Joseph, 1732-1809. Schöpfung.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|