Itzhak Perlman and Pinchas Zukerman, grand duo. (I) [electronic resource] / Allegro Films ; Christopher Nupen, director.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Allegro Films,  , ©1977
1 online resource (1 video file (47 min., 12 sec.)) : sound, color
- Violin music (Violins (2))
Passacaglias (Violin and viola), Arranged.
- Internet videos.
- Commentary in English.
- System Details:
- Itzhak Perlman on stage at the Royal College of Music, London, and Pinchas Zukerman. Two of the world's leading violinists appearing together for the first time. Even though they are very different as artists, in style and in temperament, they greatly enjoy each other's play, and each other's company. They have developed a remarkable relationship. In spite of their differences, they are often mistaken for one another. They were both born in Israel. They both attended the Julliard School courses. And they both won the Leventritt Award (America's top musical prize). They have come to London at the end of an European tour together, a tour that has produced immense enthusiasm wherever they have been. Not since Yehudi Menuhin and Isaac Stern played together in Edinburgh in 1953 have two violinists of this calibre seriously set out to harness their individual talents to the disciplines and the pleasures of playing together. This concert, a last minute addition to this tour, was given in front of an audience of students and musicians, and was filmed for television.
- Études-caprices for two violins, op. 18. No. 1 & 2 / Henri Wieniawski
Duo concertante for two violins, op. 67 no. 2 / Louis Spohr
Passacaglia (from the Harpsichord suite in G minor, HWV 432) / Georg Friedrich Handel.
- Pinchas Zukerman, violin, viola ; Itzhak Perlman, violin.
- Recorded Royal College of Music, London, Great Britain.
- Nupen, Christopher, film director.
Zukerman, Pinchas, 1948- instrumentalist.
Perlman, Itzhak, 1945- instrumentalist.
Allegro Films (London, England), production company.
- Container of: Wieniawski, Henri, 1835-1880. Études-caprices, op. 18. No 1.
Container of: Wieniawski, Henri, 1835-1880. Études-caprices, op. 18. No 2.
Container of: Spohr, Louis, 1784-1859. Duets, violins (2), op. 67. No. 2.
Container of: Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759. Suites, harpsichord, HWV 432, G minor. Passacaille; arranged.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|