Itzhak Perlman plays Bach, Partita in E major [electronic resource] : a BBC Radio 3 lunchtime concert / Allegro Films ; Christopher Nupen, director.
- Other Title:
- Bach, Partita in E major
- [Place of publication not identified] : Allegro Films,  , ©1978
1 online resource (1 video file (19 min., 58 sec.)) : sound, color
- Suites (Violin)
- Internet videos.
- System Details:
- Itzhak Perlman in the Bach Partita No. 3: another gem in Christopher Nupen's archive material. It is often said that the recordings of the Bach Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin by Itzhak Perlman are an absolute, or at least undeniable reference. A classic for every violinist, these works are said to be the best opportunity for the soloist to show all his skills -- on a technical and interpretation level. These performances of the Partitas No. 2 and 3 (view also Itzhak Perlman plays Bach: Partita in D Minor) were shot during one of the BBC 3 lunchtime concerts. Those shows, recorded from all over the UK, still exist. When we watch Itzhal Perlman, 33 years old, playing these works with all the calm and devotion which make the greatest artists, with his eyes closed and a smile on his face, we can only be grateful there was a video camera on the stage, on that day. The famous "Prelude," at the beginning of the piece, fast and technically difficul, remind us of how much Perlman is the "virtuoso violinist."
- Itzhak Perlman, violin.
- Recorded St John's Smith Square, London, Great Britain.
- Nupen, Christopher, film director.
Perlman, Itzhak, 1945- instrumentalist.
Allegro Films (London, England), production company.
- Container of: Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750. Sonaten und Partiten, violin, BWV 1001-1006. Partita, no. 3
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|