Renaud and Gautier, "Mirrors." (I), A side, Renaud [electronic resource] / LGM, Festival du Périgord Noir, Mezzo ; Pierre Dupouey, director.
- Other Title:
- A side, Renaud
- [Place of publication not identified] : LGM : Festival du Périgord Noir : Mezzo, 
1 online resource (1 video file (25 min., 56 sec.)) : sound, color
- Capuçon, Renaud.
Violinists -- France -- Biography.
- Internet videos.
- In French.
- System Details:
- A portrait of the two Capuçon brothers. They must be the most famous brothers of the French Classical music scene. And they are fascinating! The prodigies of the violin, Renaud, and cello, Gautier started their career at a very young age. Renaud, the older brother, studied at the Paris CNSM, with, among others, Gérard Poulet. During his brilliant studies, he won various prizes, such as a first prize in violin at the age of 17. Named Nouveau talent de l'Année 2000 (New Talent of 2000), then Classical Instrumental Soloist at the 2005 French Victoires de la Musique, the young violonist was soon propelled to the forefront of the classical music scene. After having been named concertmaster of Claudio Abbado's Gustav Mahler Jugendorchester from 1998 to 2000, Renaud Capuçon, 22 years old, could dream about playing at the most prestigious international venues - which he did. Just like his brother Gautier, Renaud's chamber musician career is quite busy. In this first part, Pierre Dupouey gathered stories and memories of the two brothers; an opportunity to film their performance with Nicholas Angelich on the piano, playing works from Brahms.
- Renaud Capuçon, violin, interviewee ; with variously, Gautier Capuçon, cello, interviewee ; Aki Saulière, violin ; Béatrice Muthelet, Gérard Caussé, violas ; Sol Gabetta, cello ; Nicholas Angelich, piano.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Dupouey, Pierre, film director.
Capuçon, Renaud, instrumentalist, interviewee (expression)
Capuçon, Gautier, instrumentalist, interviewee (expression)
Saulière, Aki, instrumentalist.
Muthelet, Béatrice, instrumentalist.
Caussé, Gérard, instrumentalist.
Gabetta, Sol, instrumentalist.
Angelich, Nicholas, 1970- instrumentalist.
LGM (Firm), production company.
Festival du Périgord Noir, production company.
Mezzo (Television station : Paris, France), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|