Claudio Abbado conducts Prokofiev, Berg and Tchaikovsky [electronic resource] : Lucerne Festival at Easter 2010 / Michael Beyer, director ; Accentus Music.
- Other Title:
- Lucerne Festival at Easter 2010
- [Place of publication not identified] : Accentus Music,  , ©2010
1 online resource (1 video file (1 hr., 49 min., 6 sec.)) : sound, color
- Suites (Orchestra)
Operas -- Excerpts.
Operas -- Excerpts.
- Internet videos.
- Sung in German.
- System Details:
- Gustavo Dudamel shares his baton with Claudio Abbado during a concert at the Lucerne Festival in 2010: the occasion for the Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra to take advantage of the experience of one of the last truly giant conducter ... The Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela (shortened as Simón Bolívar Youth Orchesta) is an orchestra made up of young musicians stemming from the outreach program "El Sistema," set up by José Antonio Abreu and from which come an ever greater number of internationally renowned musicians. The Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra's current musical director, Gustavo Dudamel, is among these musicians the performer who has had the most notable success. He actively participates in increasing the international recognition of the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra around the world. Recorded on March 2010, this concert was performed to a sell-out audience, which is (almost) always the case for the Venezuelian orchestra. Yet it must be added that the presence of the great conductor Claudio Abbado, as well as of the stunning Anna Prohaska in Berg's Lulu Suite and "Ach, ich fühl's" (from Mozart's The Magic Flute) did certainly much to attract a large audience. Indeed, the quality of the program, including works by Prokofiev, Berg and Tchaikovski, consecrated this concert as one of the Major event of the Easter 2010 muscial season. medici.tv offers you to re-watch this exceptional concert in HD quality.
- Scythian Suite / Sergei Prokofiev
Lulu's Suite, Symphonic pieces from the opera Lulu, for soprano and Orchestra / Alban Berg
The Magic Flute, K. 620. Ach, ich fühls / Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Op. 74 / Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
- Anna Prohaska, soprano ; Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela ; Claudio Abbado, conductor.
- Recorded live 2010 March KKL - Lucerne Festival Hall, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Beyer, Michael, film director.
Prohaska, Anna, singer.
Abbado, Claudio, conductor.
Orquesta Sinfónica Simón Bolívar, instrumentalist.
ACCENTUS Music (Firm), production company.
- Container of: Prokofiev, Sergey, 1891-1953. Ala et Lolly.
Container of: Berg, Alban, 1885-1935. Lulu. Suite.
Container of: Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. Zauberflöte. Ach, ich fühl's, es ist verschwunden.
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893. Symphonies, no. 6, op. 74, B minor
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|