Beatrice di Tenda [electronic resource] / Bellini ; Daniel Schmid, stage director ; Bel Air Media, Opéra de Zürich ; Yves-André Hubert, director.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Bel Air Media : Opéra de Zürich, 
1 online resource (1 video file (2 hr., 23 min., 8 sec.)) : sound, color
Beatrice, di Tenda, Duchess, consort of Filippo Maria Visconti, Duke of Milan, 1372-1418 -- Drama.
Beatrice, di Tenda, Duchess, consort of Filippo Maria Visconti, Duke of Milan, 1372-1418.
- Sung in Italian.
- System Details:
- At Zürich Opera House, Vincenzo Bellini's Beatrice di Tenda is staged by Daniel Schmid, conducted by the music director Marcello Viotti. Edita Gruberova sings the role of Beatrice di Tenda and Michael Volle sings the role of Filippo Maria Visconti. Inspired after historical events that happened at the 15th century, the opéra Beatrice di Tenda composed by Vincenzo Bellini on a libretto by Felice Romani -- which was premiered in 1833 in Venice -- tells the story of the widow of the Duke of Milan, Beatrice di Tenda. She regrets her second marriage of convenience to Filippo Maria Visconti, who has inherited of the armies and of the title of the dead Duke of Milan. Filippo Visconti, who is fed up of his wife, accuses her to be unfaithful in order to get rid of her, helped by Agnese, a lady with whom he is in love himself. Condemned to death, Beatrice will accept to die, knowing she is innocent, as for Agnese will regret to have betrayed Beatrice and will ask her for her forgiveness when she is executed. In this opera in which love and schemes constitute the plot, the figure of a true tragic heroine is highlighted. Edita Gruberova's performance increases all the dramatic aspect of the story. With Beatrice di Tenda, Vincenzo Bellini composed a score which music and themes are highly moving.
- Edita Gruberova (Beatrice di Tenda) ; Michael Volle (Filippo Maria Visconti) ; Stefania Kaluza (Agnese del Maino) ; Raúl Hernández (Orombello) ; Miroslav Christoff (Anichino) ; Bogusław Bidzinski (Rizzardo del Maino) ; Orchestre de l'Opéra de Zürich ; Choeurs de l'Opéra de Zürich ; Marcello Viotti, conductor.
- Recorded 2002 January Zürich Opera House, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Hubert, Yves André, film director.
Schmid, Daniel, 1941-2006, stage director.
Gruberova, Edita, 1946- singer.
Volle, Michael, singer.
Kaluza, Stefania, singer.
Hernández, Raúl, singer.
Christoff, Miroslav, singer.
Bidziński, Bogusław, singer.
Viotti, Marcello, 1954-2005, conductor.
Bel Air Media (Firm), production company.
Opernhaus Zürich, production company.
Orchester der Oper Zürich, instrumentalist.
Chor der Oper Zürich, singer.
- Bellini, Vincenzo, 1801-1835. Beatrice di Tenda.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|