Karajan [electronic resource] : the second life : Herbert von Karajan at the recording studio / Eric Schulz, director ; Unitel Classica, Servus TV.
- Other Title:
- Second life
Herbert von Karajan at the recording studio
- [Place of publication not identified] : Unitel Classica : Servus TV,  , ©2012
1 online resource (1 video file (1 hr., 19 min., 23 sec.)) : sound, color
- Karajan, Herbert von.
Conductors (Music) -- Austria -- Biography.
Sound -- Recording and reproducing -- History.
Karajan, Herbert von
Sound -- Recording and reproducing.
- German dialogue; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Discovering Karajan through recording sessions and archive footages never released before. The film Karajan -- The Second Life offers a fascinating glimpse of the reality of Karajan's work in the recording studio, painting a nuanced portrait of the conductor and his musical ideas. The main focus is on the question of what will remain of Karajan, who recorded more albums than any other musician, and of his incomparably ambitious artistic legacy. This film includes a wealth of archival footage never shown before (about 90% of the music excerpts shown have never been released before), depicting Karajan during rehearsals and recording sessions, including works that have not been shown under his baton previously on film or TV (e.g. The Rite of Spring and Siegfried). Renowned colleagues and contemporaries of Karajan are interviewed: Anne-Sophie Mutter, Peter Alward, David Bell, Brigitte Fassbaender, Eberhard Finke, to name but a few. Excerpts from privately recorded phone conversations between Karajan and his recording producer Günter Hermanns were evaluated exclusively for this film, conveying an authentic insight into the way Karajan worked with his team.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Schulz, Eric, 1979- film director.
Unitel Classica (Firm), production company.
ServusTV Fernsehgesellschaft, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|