Daniil Trifonov on camera (unreleased) [electronic resource] : the magics of music / Allegro Films, the Christopher Nupen Films ; Christopher Nupen, director.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Allegro Films : Christopher Nupen Films, 
1 online resource (1 video file (34 min.)) : sound, color
- Trifonov, Daniil, 1991-.
Pianists -- Russia -- Biography.
- Internet videos.
- English dialogue.
- System Details:
- Christopher Nupen's film The Magics of Music offers an intimate portrait of young piano star Daniil Trifonov both on and off the stage. Watch this unreleased version of the film, edited specifically for medici.tv! These hands make magic. A magic which we cannot explain but which can touch us in ways which we do not forget and once that happens, our response calls us back for the rest of our days. That is just one of the magics of music. It is multi-faceted, multi-coloured and always different - in every different pair of hands. These are the hands of Daniil Trifonov, an artist whom nature has endowed with the most prodigious gifts. A maker of magic, in his search for beauty. Daniil Trifonov on Camera, The Magics of Music is a film by Christopher Nupen. The original version, published in DVD by Allegro Films, won two international prizes (the Silver Medal at the New York Film and Television Festival and the Accolade Award), and won this year's ICMA DVD of the Year Award (the International Classical Music Awards is the top award for classical music DVDs). The film shown here is an unreleased version of the film made specifically for medici.tv, with new editing. As Christopher Nupen's voice guides us through the pianist's life, the film features interviews of Trifonov himself and an interview of his famous professor, esteemed pianist Sergei Babayan. Babayan relates an incident where he advised his student against looking too much down at the keys when playing, urging his student to practice in the dark as if he were blind. Trifonov practised for hours, until the technique was fully mastered. Indeed, he was always eager to learn and improve. For Babayan, his student-teacher relationship with Trifonov is unique. The film offers an intimate portrait of Daniil Trifonov of whom Martha Argerich said: "What he does with his hands is technically incredible -- and then there is his touch -- so gifted with tenderness and, at the same time, he has the demonic element. I have never heard anything like this before." Since winning the XIV International Tchaikovsky Competition in 2011, Trifonov has travelled the world as recitalist and concerto soloist. However, in this movie, he takes the time to sit down and revisit the beginning of his exceptional career. Where did it all begin? He was born in 1991 in Nizhny Novgorod, and his urge to compose had surfaced by the age of five ... He talks about his very own understanding of magic in music. No doubt, Daniil Trifonov is some kind of a magician.
- Daniil Trifonov, piano.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Nupen, Christopher, film director.
Trifonov, Daniil, 1991- instrumentalist.
Allegro Films (London, England), production company.
Christopher Nupen Films, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|