András Schiff plays Haydn, Beethoven [electronic resource] : piano recital at the Verbier Festival / Idéale Audience ; Pierre-Martin Juban, director.
- Other Title:
- Piano recital at the Verbier Festival
- [Place of publication not identified] : Idéale Audience,  , ©2015
- Conference Name:
- Verbier Festival & Academy (2015)
1 online resource (1 video file (50 min., 33 sec.)) : sound, color
- Sonatas (Piano)
- Internet videos.
- System Details:
- The great Hungarian-born classical pianist and conductor performs Haydn and Beethoven during the 2015 Verbier Festival. Last year's amazing edition of Verbier Festival carries on with the talented András Schiff, one of the most renowned interpreters of Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert. He is also well-known as a conductor. He appeared in several major orchestras, such as the London Philharmonic Orchestra and the Chamber Orchestra of Europe. Schiff has won a lot of prizes, as in 1990 the Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist Performance (without orchestra) -- English Suites by Bach, and the Gramophone Award for a Schubert recital with Peter Schreier; the Bartók Prize in 1991; the Claudio Arrau Memorial Medal in 1994. He was created a Knight Bachelor in the Queen's Birthday Honours list of 2014, for services to music. András Schiff is playing Joseph Haydn's Piano Sonata No. 62 in E flat Major and Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 32 in C€Minor, Op. 111.
- Piano sonata no. 62 in E flat major, Hob. XVI/52 / Joseph Haydn
Piano sonata no. 32 in C minor, op. 111 / Ludwig van Beethoven.
- András Schiff, piano.
- Recorded 2015 July 21st Verbier Festival, Verbier, Switzerland.
- Juban, Pierre-Martin, film director.
Schiff, András, instrumentalist.
Idéale Audience International, production company.
- Container of: Haydn, Joseph, 1732-1809. Sonatas, piano, H. XVI, 52, E♭ major.
Container of: Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827. Sonatas, piano, no. 32, op. 111, C minor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|