Mariss Jansons conducts Mahler and Dvorák with Thomas Hampson [electronic resource] / AVRO ; Hans Hulscher, director.
- Other Title:
- Mahler and Dvorák with Thomas Hampson
- [Place of publication not identified] : AVRO,  , ©2007
1 online resource (1 video file (1 hr., 10 min., 22 sec.)) : sound, color
- Songs (Medium voice) with orchestra.
Songs (Medium voice) with orchestra.
- Internet videos.
- The first work is sung in German.
- System Details:
- For the Amsterdam Concertgebouw Christmas concert, the great baritone Thomas Hampson and Mariss Jansons, Music Director of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra since 2004, got together on stage to perform works by Mahler and Dvořák. The Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen are a cycle of four songs with orchestra accompaniment that are strongly marked by the young Mahler's experience of love with the singer Johanna Richter in 1884. In it, the composer photographs four moments of wandering with her. In 1890, Antonin Dvořák composed his Symphony No. 8. The alternation between major and minor, which was very popular with the Czech composer, and the key of G major, make a singular romantic symphony.
- Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen / Gustav Mahler
Symphony no. 8 in G major, op. 88 / Antonín Dvořák.
- Thomas Hampson, baritone ; Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra ; Mariss Jansons, conductor.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Hulscher, Hans, film director.
Hampson, Thomas, singer.
Jansons, Mariss, 1943- conductor.
AVRO (Firm), production company.
- Container of: Mahler, Gustav, 1860-1911. Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen.
Container of: Dvořák, Antonín, 1841-1904. Symphonies, no. 8, op. 88, G major.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|