Words on dance. Catherine Diverrès [electronic resource] / INJAM production, Paris Première ; Jean-Michel Plouchard, director.
- Other Title:
- Catherine Diverrès
- [Place of publication not identified] : INJAM production : Paris première, 
1 online resource (1 video file (26 min., 41 sec.)) : sound, color
- Diverrès, Catherine.
Choreographers -- France -- Biography.
Ballets -- Excerpts.
- In French; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Choreographer Catherine Diverrès's work and excerpts of her shows. Catherine Diverrès was born in Bègles in 1959, and made her first apparition in the contemporary dance's world in the middle of the 80s. She immediately refused postmodern American creations and developped a dancing universe that was her own. She made her name thanks to duos with Bernard Montet, with whom she followed the teaching of Kazuo Ohno in Japan in 1982-1983. In 1994, Diverrès and Montet headed off to the Centre chorégraphique national de Rennes, but Diverrès left the Centre in 2008 to pursue her activities at the compagnie Catherine Diverrès. In this documentary, which shows interviews and excerpts from shows, Catherine Diverrès tells us how she feels about dance and which role this art has to play in our society. With an energetic gestural, Catherine Diverrès's art questions and explores the poetic dimension of dance, the relationship between time, space and the body, but also the world's cruelty and the tragic destiny of human beings on earth. With her puzzling shows, Catherine Diverrès invites her audience to escape and see things differently.
- Alessandro Bernardeschi, Giovanni Cedolin, Fabrice Dasse, Caroles Gomes, Osman Kassen Khelili, Benita Kuni, Cécile Loyer, Tamara Stuart Ewing, Paul Wenninger, Tomoko Wenninger, dancers ; Centre chorégraphique national de Rennes et de Bretagne.
- Catherine Diverrès, choreographer.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Plouchard, Jean-Michel, film director.
Diverrès, Catherine, choreographer, interviewee.
Bernardeschi, Alessandro, dancer.
Cedolin, Giovanni, dancer.
Dasse, Fabrice, dancer.
Gomes, Caroles, dancer.
Khelili, Osman Kassen, dancer.
Kuni, Benita, dancer.
Loyer, Cécile, dancer.
Ewing, Tamara Stuart, dancer.
Wenninger, Paul, dancer.
Wenninger, Tomoko, dancer.
Injam Production (Firm), production company.
Paris Première (Firm), production company.
Centre chorégraphique national de Rennes et de Bretagne, performer.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|